Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Running Love


Tonight after work I had a million things I should have been doing, but I did what my heart and body needed most, I went for a run. Monday was the Boston Marathon and it honestly inspired me so much!! I was so happy that first place was an american after 31 years. The winning guy ran it in 2 hours and 8 minutes. I don't even think I can run 1 mile at his average mile pace. I decided the year 2020 I'm running Boston. (So mark your calendar you've got 6 years) I've got a long ways to go in order to qualify but I'm going to do it. 
To be honest the last couple weeks I've been a downer on my running abilities. Phoenix left me feeling so incredibly happy (literally THE BEST moment of my life was that finish line) but oh so sore. After the marathon, I took a solid week off before I started running again. By the end of the week I was dying, not running makes me moody. I run at least 4 days a week and the days I don't run I definitely notice an attitude difference in me. But I haven't gotten some serious speed since the marathon. Well actually I haven't gotten some serious speed ever. But I realized something. I once never thought I would run more than 2 miles, then more than a 10k, then more than a half marathon, and then I'd never be able to run a marathon. But you know what I've grasped all of those dreams and I believe in redefining my impossible. Today I am going to stop comparing my running results to other people and just work harder than I did the day before every single day. I'm faster then I was when I first started running, and I'm going to get faster and faster as the months go by if I work for it. 
So incredibly blessed that I am capable of running. It makes me feel in control of my mind and feel like I'm doing something good for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment